Friday, April 17, 2009

Tired eyes....



So as we keep working longer hours at work it's getting harder for me to update the blog, but no worries it doesn't completely stop me from baking :)


Anyways, I've had to use my glasses more often lately... staring at the computer all day long can do it to you.
The SOLUTION:

CARROTS!!!


The carrot gets its characteristic and bright orange colour from β-carotene, which is metabolised into vitamin A in humans when bile salts are present in the intestines.[3]Carrots are also rich in dietary fibre, antioxidants, and minerals.

Lack of Vitamin A can cause poor vision, including night vision, and vision can be restored by adding Vitamin A back into the diet.
-Wiki

Since the whole teams here for the long haul...why not replenish some Vitamin A nutrients with some ....Carrot Cupcakes!!!

Instead of shredding the carrots I pulsed them through my little mini blender...it's the same as grating them, but i feel like there's more flavor when they're grated...plus there's no stringy carrots to freak people out. HA!
The recipe comes from Martha Stewarts Favorite Cupcakes collection.

I left out nuts and raisins just to be careful (people's nut allergies and what not...)Next time I'll have to put them in because it does take away from the flavor. : (

They did turn out very moist though...
mmMMmm...my eyes feel better already hahaha


Finished product: CarrotCupcakes with CreamCheese Frosting and Cocunut Garnish


Moist with Rich carrot flavor



Next time I won't skip out on nuts and raisin....

...and we're off for another long friday at work...Go Team!


Until next time....








No comments:

Post a Comment