Tuesday, April 21, 2009

OooO WeeEe...It's hot out there...

So yesterday another weather record was broke or something like that....all I knew was that it was way to hot for me....(I don't do well in heat)

Anyways, on any hot summer day its usually nice to just sit on the porch...drink a beer or lemonade....and just relax. Unfortunately I've been at my desk for the past however long it's been :( It's not just me, but the whole Land of the Lost crew that has been stuck inside not being able to enjoy the weather. Ohhh yah BTW thanks to all you FB people who like to spam us with updates telling us how nice the beach is and how awesomely tan you're getting...we hate you. (only because we're jealous) ;)
There is some good that comes out of this story...I swear....

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes!

Since I don't have much time I used a quick and simple recipe that take just minutes to prepare

Ingredients

  • 1 white cake mix
  • 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed

Directions

  1. Combine cake mix, jello, and eggs.
  2. Mix well.
  3. Add oil, water, and 1/2 the strawberries [Note:for the strawberries its better if you puree' ahead of time].
  4. Beat mix in mixer or hand mix for about 2 or 3 minutes.
  5. Pour into your designated cupcake cups.
  6. Bake at 350* for 25-30 min...flipping pans halfway through
  7. Spread on cooled cake.

Sometimes it's not worth the lemon juice in cuts you never knew you had in your hands....

So you cook...etc etc...let it cool bla bla bla....

So then we ice....with lemon glaze which gives the cupcakes a little tart flavor!
Note: lemon glaze is just powdered sugar and lemon juice...

So here comes my favorite part.....FROSTINGG GOODNESS



Here we have a combination of strawberry and lemon frosting. The lemon frosting (obviously the yellow stuff) didn't com out as sour as I expected...but thats okay it'll do for now...definitlly a CBB



Lemon DROPS!!
Growing up you could always find these things in grandma's candy jar or some random jar at an office...If there was no chocolate...this would have to do. Hey it's still sugar :)





I ended up just using them as extra garnish along with funky white chocolate candies.



...and boomshaka...we've got a strawberry lemonade cupcake for you to enjoy...


Thanks for stoppin by!

2 comments:

  1. MMMmm cupcakes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. GEeez! Those look amazing Jane! Mmmm I might have to try those out! I heard you are getting a puppy! Yay! I found this recipe for some pupcakes that I was going to make for my friend Matt's dog's (Sarge) bday! Check it out!

    http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/dessert-recipes/banana-pupcakes/article.html

    ohhh and also, in the back of every rachel ray mag. there is dog food recipes...like doggie meatballs...check it out!

    ReplyDelete