Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Inspired by a late night snack...

Banana Split Cupcakes!! hoo-raa




So I bought some neopolitan ice cream from the store last week....and I can't stop eating this ice cream...I mean c'mon..Vanilla--classic, Strawberry--classic, Chocolate--just damn good....




...then I thought...Why not turn it into a :cupcake: *sigh*


Where it all begins...

So I had to make 3 different types of batter...then I noticed this is going to be apainintheass but hey...its always worth it in the end!






This to there....


Note: make sure the base is all covered with the chocolate batter....


Next layer....made with actual strawberry puree' yay!

Last but not least...


I tried to make sure each layer was touch the edged....I smoothed these out by just using a spoon because shaking them did absolutely nothing....

So uhh I went for a more artful approach on this project...but it does fit!

I'm glad they did spill over a bit ...it goes with that whole "messy Sundae" look...mm yum!


They even come in Bite size!


....what to expect inside....

BUT I'm NOT DONE!

A sundae isn't complete without the nut topping and....


The Most important garnish ever....well to this cupcake at least: The Banana!


VOi'La!
Complete with frosting,Banana, Nuts, and chocolate' Syrup!

No matter what shape or size...they all get the same treatment of awesomeness...

All up in there...uh*yah!


Final presentation

I know it need's a nice maraschino cherry, but I thought it'd be super over-kill with everything thats going up top there....Plus I forgot to buy them : / maybe next time?

Once again sorry for the delay...I won't wait a week next time... :(

till next time...

OH BTW!!!: the bacon cupcakes for you sceptics turned out fabulous...I'll make them more large and in charge for the next batch!! ---reviews on them were awesome :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, my friend works with you and sends me links to all the great things you bring in for him (and everyone to try). They look soooooo good and I'm jealous each day. He says they taste even better than they look. -- Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap this was amazing.
    I can feel the surge of sugar oozing through my veins.

    Now you're telling me I wasn't supposed to eat it. It was a decoration?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following! you guys rock!....there will be more to come...trust me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Jane.. looks like you are getting extra fancy nowdays.. these look not only delicious, but so pretty!!! im enjoying your newly found interest in the fancy toppings :)

    and im jealous that i cant taste them for myself!!

    - viv

    ReplyDelete