Sunday, March 29, 2009

Did somebody say Bacon?


So here's how this began...
One day at work a whole discussion began when someone mentioned bacon and chocolate..."BACON AND CHOCOLATE EWW....!" So a few emails flew around, but they were requests for bacon chocolate chip cookies. I was really close to trying it, but I really didn't want to taint my chocolate chip cookies....Finally, I came across something interesting. Bacon*and*Cupcakes. Now this makes more sense...pancakes, syrup, and bacon. What more could you ask for, for breakfast?

I was really iffy with this experiment too...but I did it anyways, and oh was I right about this one. SERIOUSLY...OMG ---soo good.

















Before and After
note:these are mini cupcakes, I figured people would have to start small then work their way up to a normal cupcake...

So this is the secret to the cupcake....The nice maple flavor comes from maple syrup AND maple extract!

Our little friends....yum-o

So to ensure that every bite contains bacon....the base of the frosting is well...bAcOn!


It smells like full on breakfast at this point...BTW the batter tasted like pancakes..

baconated....mmmMMm

BUT WAIT!...this isn't the end! Every cupcake needs their designer hat...






Perfection but wait....we're still not done. We need bacon bling or else this experiment isn't complete.


Perfect: Outfit complete, bacontastic!

So now everyone joins in......




So far this is the best breakfast cupcake/muffin I've ever had in my life....Mcgriddles got nothing on these babies!

Now tommorow we'll see what everyone else has to say....yay!

KEEP IT FROSTYY!



1 comment:

  1. Cupcake = Good.
    Frosting = Good.
    Bacon = Good.

    I don't see a problem here?

    ReplyDelete