Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm Back!

I know I know...it's been seriously like a month since I've updated. This doesn't mean I stopped baking!!....Well, I did some SERIOUS baking this weekend. Good news- I was asked to audition for a FoodNetwork Cupcake challenge series. (Doesn't mean I'll be on tv but I'm shooting for it hahah) They asked me to create 1 or more than one crazy cupcake to show or bring in for my audition....SO I made 4.


These are my cheesy sketches that I came up with

So we're starting with my: Ultimate-GrandeDeluxe'-Breakfast-Cupcake


Here we have a lovely bacon infused maple base, topped with a decadent maple frosting, with butterscotch "pancakes", and complimented by a bed of bacon and blueberry accents.

Bacon is key here...The rendered fat really bring out the flavors in the cupcake.


Next up we have: Gold infused grande' espresso cupcake

Mademoiselle we have here a lovely Irish creme' and dark chocolate cake base topped with a silky espresso frosting with lovely gold accents.

"I lOvE GgGollLddD!"


Top View

Next is a little more fondant work: Meet HelloKitty


She's actually made of strawberry cake...mmM tastes cute too!


She sits on her glitter hill and white chocolate cake hill.

Next we have here a lovely - Itty-bitty-fits-in-your-hand wedding cake...


3 tiers --white chocolate filled with raspberry


Topped with Nature's own fancy jems....


There you have it---all done within 2 days...my feet and back hurt but it was all worth it

Thanks for stoppin by!

Ciao*

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow!!! Those all look amazing!!! And good luck with the FoodNetwork Challenge!! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane you are so talented. We hope the best for you. good luck! Karen Byrne

    ReplyDelete