Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vegan you say?....with a side of blueberries please!





So at work I have a co-worker who is allergic to dairy products, but what do most of my cupcakes contain?...yup a LOT of dairy.

So I thought why not try to find a good recipe with no dairy...That's easy vegan recipe's are always safe! Keep in mind I never cook vegan or anything of the sort.

Ah!--side note--I found dark chocolate cocoa powder which totally made my day. It's pure amazing.....You should definitely keep your pantry stocked with this stuff...ITS GOLD!!!!

The BASE: or go HERE

*1 cup Chocolate soy milk
*1 tsp apple cider vinegar
*3/4 cup granulated sugar
*1/3 cup canola oil
*1 tsp vanilla extract
*1/2 tsp almond extract
*1 cup all-purpose flour
*1/3 cup cocoa powder
*3/4 tsp baking soda
*1/2 tsp baking powder
*1/4 tsp salt

----if you follow the link you can find out how to cook them properly...VERY simple and tasty!

Ta-Da! dark chocolate vegan cupcake...People who arn't vegans also gave great reviews : )
Frosting also doesn't contain any dairy!

A very deep, rich chocolaty flavor and color!


For the non-vegan people I baked Blueberry Pie Bars!!

Find recipe here:



Nice golden crust....I could eat it alone....It's my favorite part of a pie.
























Individually wrapped for your enjoyment with a little hello kitty sticker steal

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment