Monday, June 29, 2009

Shmoooore Please!





This weekend my kitchen hand torch finally made its way to my home...!!

So the first thing I did make, was a couple ramekins of creme'brule but that'll make for another blog....So I pondered and wondered what I could set on fire, and what better way to start off a Monday morning by torching some marshmallows!

So I started with a nice decadent chocolate base and a graham cracker crust
Note: you can either crush you're own or buy the already crushed graham cracker crumbs.


About a cup of graham crumbs and 2-3 tbsp of melted butter, mixed, and pressed into each cup.

For the Chocolate Cake:
(note: not sure where the base recipe is from...I've seen lots of people post similar recipes, but I've altered it a bit to fit my liking)
2 cups of Flour
1 cup of cocoa powder
2 and a half cups of sugar
1 and half tsp of baking soda
1 and a half tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of salt
3 large eggs + 1 egg white
1 cup WHOlE milk
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 and 1/2 tsp of vanilla
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp of instant espresso
1 cup of hot water
bag of marshmallows
box of graham crackers
box of chocolate bars--only because you can eat the rest later....hahah : )

Chocolate Frosting
2 sticks of butter
1 cup of cocoa powder
6 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of heavy cream
2 tsp of Vanilla extract


  • Preheat oven to 350...
  • sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda , salt and cinnamon...
  • Now whisk together all the wet ingrediants -minus the hot water
  • Gradually add in the dry ingrediants and mix till combined
  • at last add in espresso and hot water...the hot water will set the batter
  • As the batter sets- will still be a bit watery- bake the graham cracker crust for about five minutes
  • Pull them out after they've turned golden brown and fill the cups with batter 3/4 full
  • bake for 20-25 min...till cake springs back
  • FOR FROSTING: beat the butter [should be at room temp please] with the cocoa powder. (this can cause the butter to become really rich and hard to beat)
  • start adding in the powdered sugar and heavy cream.
  • then add the vanilla and beat till smooth...or to the consistency that you want.
  • Next----the most important part of the process-- frost and decorate any way you want.
  • SINCE I had my torch I just went pyro and started setting all the marshmallows on fire...(its fun this way..hehe BECAREFUL THOUGH!-I don't have a thumbprint anymore)




1st clean attempt [FRONT]--or is there even a front?















quarter turn...


It was too clean...too simple...

















So I just went a little overboard and placed more marshmallow and chocolates where needed...



The fam bam...

Some cupcakes had 2 marshmallows--mind that I am using jumbo ones--and some cupcakes had extra chocolate...



This is my 'messy' version: I set the marshmallow on fire and left it burning till it was about to explode...also it was hand frosted


Good times! Happy Monday and enjoi

No comments:

Post a Comment